Moonshine Lemonade. Let’s make it crazy summer.
Ok so it’s cold now. Not much green in our fair city, and no vacay planned. We need us a shot o’ front-porch rocking chair weeping willow Southern summer. And Beantown-cum-Florida Steve recently dispatched a decidedly below Mason-Dixon rib recipe — a must-try, and came out great. To pair with my winter-bbq meal, a cocktail to round it out? And for whatever reason, I seem to have moonshine and lemons here… It’s on.
- Shot of moonshine.
- Shot of limoncello.
- Two shots fresh squeezed lemon juice.
- Shot or two of simple syrup (to taste).
- Into the Boston shaker with some ice. Make that sweet sound. And get the hips into it, people.
- Pour into a Mason jar, top with a splash of seltzer if you like.
- Sprig of mint, wheel of lemon.
- Sip. The summer rolls all out on your wintered-in self.
If you want to get all fancy-pants, rim your Mason jar with fine lemon zest tossed in cane sugar. But I skipped that. It’s moonshine, after all.
p.s. Moonshine isn’t actually illegal, it’s just illegal to make it without a license. I neither confirm nor deny the good standing of my provider.